Recruitment IBPS Clerk 2016 Exam is soon to be out. Keep checking Notification Date, Exam Date, IBPS Clerk Apply Online registration form. IBPS Clerk Recruitment exam is conducted all over India and used by all banks to admit fresh graduates candidates in various clerical positions. IBPS clerks are selected for 29 Nationalized banks and regional rural banks.
An Assistant or popularly known as Clerk is a position in various banking organizations and other entities in India. Clerks mostly have large no of vacancies then PO or SO jobs. People who are graduated with any degree have a great chance to work in the Indian Banks as a “Bank Clerk”. IBPS is the organization sued by many Banks to induct Candidates for the post of Clerk. IBPS conducts all India test for Clerks for 29 Banks and rural banks. IBPS Clerk Exam 2016 will be conducted in Nov-Dec and online registration will start from August 2016.
IBPS also conducts Clerk exam for SBI, RBI, & insurance companies like LIC, United India Insurance Company while Clerk Recruitment through IBPS is only used for 29 banks under its panel.
IBPS Clerk 2016 Notification:
The notification for IBPS Clerk Exam 2016 will be released on official website www.ibps.in in the month of August. All the dates of online registration, Preliminary & Main Exam date, Admit card download has been mentioned below. You can download IBPS Clerk 2016 Notification PDF from here.
IBPS Clerk 2016 Important Dates:
The following tables include all the important dates for IBPS Clerk Exam. like All the steps for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 are mentioned below. Candidates have to pass two exams and interview to get the Clerk job in 29 banks.
|1.||On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||August/September 2016|
|2.||Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||August/September 2016|
|3.||Download of Pre-Training Call Letter||First week of November 2016|
|4.||Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||Mid of November 2016 to last week of November 2016|
|5.||Download of Call Letter for online Preliminary Exam||Mid of November 2016|
|6||Preliminary Exam Date||26 and 27 November 2016, 03 & 04 December 2016.|
|7||Clerk Preliminary exam Result||Mid of December 2016|
|8||Download of Call Letter for Main Examination||Mid of December 2016|
|9||Main Exam Date||31 December 2016 and 01 January 2017|
|10||Clerk Main Result – Main||January 2017|
|11||Provisional Allotment||February/March 2017|
IBPS Clerk Recruitment – Steps to Follow
Recruiting Clerks in various banks by IBPS is a long repeating process and it takes 4-6 months to complete all stages from online applications registration to Final call later.
- IBPS Clerk Notification out in August
- Start of Online Registration in Aug
- End of Online application in Sept
- Call Letter Download for Pre-Exam Training – in Nov
- Conduct of Pre Exam Training – Nov
- Call Letter Download for Online Examinations – in Nov onwards
- Preliminary Exam – Dec
- Result of IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam – Dec
- Call Letter Download for Main Examinations – in Dec onwards
- Clerk Main Exam Online Date – Jan
- Clerk Main Result Date – Jan
- Interview call letter – Jan
- Conduct of Interview – Feb
- Final Allotment – April
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Details & Age Limit:
- A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently
settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of
Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi,
Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit – Minimum: 20 years | Maximum: 28 years
- Relaxation in Age Limit:
(i) SC/ST – 5 years
(ii) OBC – 3 Years
(iii) Person with Disabilities – 10 years
(iv) Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried – 9 years
(v) Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of J&K during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89 – 5 Years
(vi) Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
Educational Qualification for IBPS Clerk Exam:
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent
qualification recognized as such by the Central Government
- Must show Valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate
- Computer knowledge is mandatory and must show Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply
What is the role of Clerks in Bank?
Before joining for any job you must understand its role and responsibility. It helps you find the job you have an interest in and you can get promotion once you do the work according to Job responsibility. Understanding the role of Clerks in Banks not only helps you to know the functions before any surprise came to you but also helps you to give tedious Interview questions.
A Clerk is the entry point to the banking industry for anyone wants to become a banker. Recently young graduates are showing great interest in the banking industry and Govt is also creating jobs for them every passing year. In 2012, 60,000 banks jobs vacancy were created.
How to Apply Online for Clerks Post?
Before 2011, Public Sector Banks are conducting exams on their own for PO and Clerical posts. But After 2011 an Organization is introduced by Govt. named IBPS which conducts Common Written Exam all over India for 29 Banks, some rural banks, SBI, RBI, RRB, LIC & Insurance companies all across India.
So for this, a candidate who wants to apply for clerk posts
- Appear for CWE
- Pass in both Preliminary and Main Exam and thereafter have to clear Interview
- You can join a bank according to Score in IBPS Clerk Exam
IBPS Clerk Salary & Probation:
The pay scale for Bank Clerk has been fixed from 7200 to 19300. The take home salary will be nearly up to 13,000-16,000/- per month depending on the bank, post location and candidate qualification.
Selected candidates through Clerk Exam will be on Probation period for 6 months. After they have to clear a short test or performance review given by their bank manager and then they are confirmed as employees.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Clerk:
Whenever any visitor enters into any bank, the clerk is the first point to contact for any inquiries or guidance.
- Most of the clerks have responsibilities of a Cashier hence known as single windows operator behind Withdrawl and Deposit counters.
- Clerk responsibilities include accepting payments, sanction withdrawals, verify cheques, issue demand drafts & other banking related services.
- Back-office work like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, balance tally & other transactions must be keyed in the computer systems after office hours.
- Sometimes clerk also has to do the marketing of loans, deposits, schemes to visitors.
Once every 2 years, Clerk will get the opportunity to get a promotion and elevated as Officers. Promotions are made by employee performance and Interview.
You can also apply in some Private banks such as HDFC, ICICI. They consider candidates with 3-4 years of experience and give a good post as well as salary.
Are you Looking to become the Officer in bank directly, Read our IBPS PO Exam guide?